Metairie, La.--The Louisiana Restaurant Association Self Insurer’s Fund for Workers’ Compensation announces rate reductions effective March 1, 2023.
The LRA SIF offers workers’ compensation coverage specializing in the hospitality industry and the rate reduction applies primarily to businesses in this sector focused on restaurants. Management believes this rate reduction should be attractive to our restaurant members in these challenging economic times.
“In this highly competitive marketplace, the LRA SIF Board of Trustees is pleased to approve and implement this rate reduction which will assist members of the Fund with managing their overall cost of operations,” said Stan Harris, President and CEO, LRA SIF.
If you have restaurant clients who may benefit from this rate reduction, please contact the LRA Workers’ Comp program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Louisiana Seafood Cook-Off 2023
Since its inception in 2008, the Louisiana Seafood Cook-Off (LASCO) has been at the top of the list of professional culinary competitions. Competing chefs line the stage in this live cooking, fast paced, culinary throw down. Chefs from all corners of the state come together in one arena to compete for the winning crown. In addition to earning the title of King or Queen of Louisiana Seafood, the winner goes on to represent the state at a variety of events including the Great American Seafood Cook-Off. Winning the Louisiana Seafood Cook-Off has been known as a "culinary catapult" amongst industry members. With past winners going on to open their own "brick and mortar" establishments, hosting their own culinary television shows, gracing the covers of magazines across the nation and more!
Join us on Tuesday, June 27th, 2023 at the Golden Nugget in Lake Charles, Louisiana to find out who our next culinary champion will be.
Instructions for Applicants:
• Entrants must be an executive chef for an acclaimed, free-standing Louisiana restaurant.
Restaurants associated with a luxury country club, resort or hotel are also eligible.
• Restaurant must be a member of Louisiana Restaurant Association.
• Institutional chefs, i.e., food service distributors, hospitals, culinary school instructors,
caterers or corporate chefs for chains having 10 or more restaurants are not eligible.
• Each chef will be responsible for plating five (5) entrées for judges with Louisiana seafood
as the main protein.
• Each chef will receive a $250 stipend to assist with ingredient costs, travel, and time
away from his/her restaurant. In addition to the stipend, a hotel room will be offered
for each competing chef for two nights.
• There are twelve (12) spots available and entry forms will be accepted until end of the
business day of Monday, May 15, 2023.
• All submissions will be reviewed and selected by a committee of the Louisiana Seafood
Promotion and Marketing Board. Contestants will be notified of their eligibility by
Tuesday, May 23, 2023.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.