Lt. Gov. Billy Nungesser and the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board announced the chefs competing in the 12th Annual Louisiana Seafood Cook-Off (LASCO) June 18, 2019 at the Cajundome Convention Center in Lafayette.
This is the 12th year for Louisiana’s premier cooking competition, which is presented by the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board in partnership with the Louisiana Restaurant Association (LRA).
The event will include the live cook off with chefs from all over the state participating to be crowned the King or Queen of Louisiana Seafood that evening.
This year, the number of competitors was increased to 14 chefs.
This year’s competing chefs are:
· Justin Componation; Parish Restaurant & Bar; Monroe, LA
· Jeremy Conner; Spoonbill Watering Hole & Restaurant; Lafayette, LA
· Wayne Cooper; The Panini Bistro; Hammond, LA
· Willie Gaspard; Cypress Bayou Casino & Hotel; Charenton, LA
· Devan Giddix; Dickie Brennan’s Bourbon House; New Orleans, LA
· Marc Krampe; Social Southern Table & Bar; Lafayette, LA
· Johnnie Landry; The Little Big Cup; Arnaudville, LA
· Brody Leblanc; Borgne; New Orleans, LA
· Larry Manheimer; Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse; Lake Charles, LA
· Jerry Mixon; Café Amelie; New Orleans, LA
· Chris Motto; Mansurs on the Boulevard; Baton Rouge, LA
· Nathan Richard; Cavan Restaurant & Bar; New Orleans, LA
· Quintin Scrantz; Prejean’s Restaurant; Lafayette, LA
· Amy Sins; Langlois; New Orleans, LA
The winner of LASCO will represent Louisiana at the Great American Seafood Cook-Off (GASCO) in New Orleans on Saturday, August 3, at the Ernest M. Morial Convention Center. GASCO is held in conjunction with the Louisiana Restaurant Association Expo and features chefs from around the country competing for the title of “King or Queen of American Seafood,” a title currently held by Louisiana’s own Chef Ryan Trahan of the Blue Dog Café in Lafayette.
To purchase your ticket and for more information, please visit Louisiana Seafood Cook-off Tickets.