The Restaurant Legends Award recognizes the long-term dedication of employees of the restaurant industry, with 20 or more years of service at one establishment.
With 163 years combined years of service at Pascal’s Manale Restaurant, these men and women exemplify the satisfaction of making their jobs a lifelong and rewarding career. They are:
- Karry Byrd, line cook, employed for 42 years
- Thomas “Uptown T” Stewart, oyster shucker, employed for 30 years
- Beverly Simon, line cook, employed for 26 years
- Jessie Mae Felix, line cook, employed for 23 years
- Wendy Gruntz, server, employed for 20 years
- Vivian Spraul, office manager, employed for 22 years
“These employees are the kind of people that make your business run smoothly year after year—hard work and dedication are the keys to their success,” said Pascal’s Manale Restaurant owner Mark DeFelice.
“We hope to encourage younger workers to follow the examples that each of these special men and women have set for the industry,” said Stan Harris, president & CEO of the LRA. “It is more than evident that Pascal’s Manale fosters a sense of pride among their employees, promote from within and stress the importance of jobs within the industry.”