The Louisiana Restaurant Association (LRA) is pleased to name 25 Restaurant Legends from DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lafayette, Ground Pat’i in Lafayette, Guidry Reef Restaurant in Lafayette, Mel’s Diner in Lafayette, Petroleum Club of Lafayette and SHUCKS in Abbeville. The recipients were recognized at the LRA Acadiana Chapter Restaurant Legends Banquet at the Petroleum Club of Lafayette, January 18, 2016.
The Restaurant Legends Award recognizes the long-term dedication of employees of the restaurant industry, with 20 or more years of service at one establishment.
With 705 years of combined years of experience and service at these four businesses, these employees exemplify the satisfaction of making their jobs a lifelong and rewarding career.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lafayette
- Cecilia Alexander, housekeeping, employed for 31 years
- Sue Beaullier-Bayard, director of catering, employed for 31 years
- Rebecca Borne, concierge attendant, employed for 24 years
- Kevin Bourgeois, director of front office, employed for 24 years
- Regina Crouchet, housekeeping, employed for 24 years
- Liz Flugence-Colbert, payroll master, employed for 31 years
- Arlene Hulin, assistant director of catering, employed for 24 years
- Erika Lalande, director of revenue management, employed for 22 years
- John Livings, banquet set-up manager, employed for 22 years
- Souna Osman, housekeeping, employed for 23 years
- Ron Triviz, director of finance, employed for 31 years
- Beverly Washington, purchasing manager, employed 31 years
- Tina Willis, housekeeping, employed for 20 years
- Ben Hall, store assessments, employed for 45 years
- Michael Chaisson, chef, employed for 38 years
- Daniel Meaux, manager, employed for 23 years
- Linda Louviere, cook and trainer, employed for 31 years
Petroleum Club of Lafayette
- L. Dean George, executive chef, employed for 20 years
- Corey Paris, waiter, employed for 20 years
- Allison “Ally” Duhon, kitchen prep manager, employed for 20 years
- Sylvia “Rene” Hunt, manager, employed for 37 years
- Dorothy “Ms. Dot” Levine, night kitchen manager, employed for 37 years
- Sonnia “Puppy” Perry, general manager and bookkeeper, employed for 38 years
- Carla Richard, server, employed for 24 years
- Tracie Winters, kitchen employee, employed for 34 years
These recipients join more than 200 individuals in our state recognized by the LRA through its Restaurant Legends program. Collectively, these industry professionals have nearly 5,000 years of service to Louisiana restaurants and suppliers.
“When those of us in the restaurant business have dedicated employees like the ones we are honoring now, we never want them to leave,” said Petroleum Club General Manager John O’Meara. “They become a part of our families and share in the restaurant’s success. We are very fortunate to work alongside them every day.”