The Restaurant Legends Award recognizes the long-term dedication of employees of the restaurant industry, with 20 or more years of service at one establishment.
“Galatoire’s is so fortunate to have such dedicated employees who have truly made this restaurant the institution it has been for more than 100 years,” said Melvin Rodrigue, Galatoire’s Restaurant President & CEO. “Without their service, we could not offer the impeccable experience our diners expect and deserve.”
With 557 combined years of experience and service at Galatoire’s Restaurant, these men and women exemplify the satisfaction of making their jobs a lifelong and rewarding career.
- Linzie Brown, busser, employed for 51 years
- Arnold Chabaud, Maître D, employed for 23 years
- Michael “MC” Emmons, server, employed for 25 years
- Billy Fontenot, server, employed for 29 years
- Harold Fontenot, server, employed for 54 years
- Homer Fontenot, server, employed for 24 years
- John Fontenot, server, employed for 29 years
- David Gooch, manager, employed for 47 years
- Charles Grimaldi, server, employed for 28 years
- Fernando Gutierrez, cook, employed for 35 years
- Joann Nunnery, receptionist, employed for 31 years
- Roger Rojas, cook, employed for 22 years
- Richard Smith, server, employed for 30 years
- Bryant Sylvester, server and Maître D, employed for 27 years
- Dorris Sylvester, server, employed for 39 years
- Imre Szalai, server, employed for 40 years
- Murray Thomas, cook/Kitchen Manager, 23 years
“We hope to encourage younger workers to follow the examples that each of these special men and women have set for the industry,” said Stan Harris, LRA President & CEO. “It is more than evident that Galatoire’s fosters a sense of pride among their employees, promote from within and stress the importance of jobs within the industry.”
News coverage of this story can be found here and here.