The Louisiana Restaurant Association (LRA) is proud to announce the presidents that will lead its membership in 2017. The LRA is comprised of nine chapters across the state, each representing a Major Metropolitan Area (MMA). Every year, the chapters’ board of directors elects a restaurant owner in its ranks to serve as president. This year’s leaders, who volunteer their time and efforts at the highest level, are charged with localizing the overall LRA member experience and cultivating opportunities for growth within the association.
The 2017 LRA Chapter Presidents are:
· Acadiana Chapter (MMA-Lafayette): John O’Meara of the Petroleum Club in Lafayette. O’Meara has been an LRA member since 2006 and is an Acadiana Chapter board member. He also serves on the LRA State Board of Directors. This is his second consecutive term as president.
· Bayou Chapter (MMA-Houma/Thibodaux): Linda Ayers of Ground Pat’i Restaurant in Houma. Ayers has been an LRA member since 2010; a Bayou Chapter board member since 2011.
· Cenla Chapter (MMA-Alexandria): Scott Laliberte of Diamond Grill in Alexandria. Laliberte has been an LRA member since 2010, and joined the Cenla board in 2013.
· Greater Baton Rouge Chapter: Jeremy Langlois of Ruffino’s Restaurant in Baton Rouge. Langlois has been an LRA member since 2014 and became a Greater Baton Rouge board member in 2015. This is his second consecutive term as chapter president.
· Greater New Orleans Chapter: Jim Besselman of Ernst Café in New Orleans. Besselman has been a LRA member for 15 years and a GNO Chapter board member since 2009. He also serves on the LRA State Board of Directors.
· Northeast Chapter (MMA-Monroe): Glen Lewellyan of Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers in West Monroe. He has been an LRA member since 1999 and he has been a Northeast board member since 2012. This is his second consecutive term as chapter president
· Northshore Chapter (MMA-Mandeville/Covington): Craig Smith of Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers in Covington. He has been an LRA member for five years and has served on the Northshore board since 2012.
· Northwest Chapter (MMA-Shreveport): Jason McKinney of Texas Roadhouse in Bossier City. McKinney has been an LRA member since 2012 and has served on the Northwest board since 2012. This is his third consecutive term as chapter president.
· Southwest Chapter (MMA-Lake Charles): Ben Ferguson of Sysco in Lake Charles. He has been an LRA member for 20 years and has been a member of the Southwest Board since 2013. This is his second consecutive term as chapter president.
“The LRA is only as strong as its volunteer leaders,” said LRA President & CEO Stan Harris. “This group of restaurateurs and foodservice professionals will do a great job representing their regions and the restaurant industry this year.”