The employees have nearly 500 years of combined service
The Louisiana Restaurant Association (LRA) is pleased to name 17 Restaurant Legends from B&G Foods in Morgan City, Ground Pat’i in Houma, Spahr’s Seafood Restaurant in Des Allemands and Wilburn and Cat Enterprises, a McDonald’s franchisee, in Morgan City and Thibodaux. The recipients were recognized at the LRA Bayou Chapter Restaurant Legends Banquet at Fremin’s in Thibodaux, January 12, 2016.
The Restaurant Legends Award recognizes the
With nearly 500 years of combined years of experience and service at these four businesses, these employees exemplify the satisfaction of making their jobs a lifelong and rewarding career.
- Darlene Broussard, clerical staff, employed for 22 years
- Amanda Frederick, clerical staff, employed for 22 years
- John Tim McConnell, vice president of operations, employed for 21 years
- Regina Falgoust, server, employed for 26 years
- Laurie Ward, kitchen staff, employed for 25 years
- Thelezia Folse, manager and quality control sales, employed for 48 years
- Jane Fonseca, head waitress and front of house manager, employed for 43 years
- Lynn “Tut” Gregoire, kitchen manager, employed for 25 years
- Sandy Halverson, bartender and service manager, employed for 24 years
- William “Bill” Spahr, founder, employed for 48 years
- Cathy Aucoin, swing manager, employed for 30 years
- Carol Bourgeois, supervisor, employed for 25 years
- Jason Lambert, director, employed for 27 years
- Charlene Madison, general manager, employed for 34 years
- Bernardine Morgan, accountant and office manager, employed for 26 years
- Cynthia Prince, department manager, employed for 29 years
- Carlo Streva, department manager, employed for 24 years
These recipients join more than 150 individuals in our state recognized by the LRA through its Restaurant Legends program. Collectively, these industry professionals have more than 4,000 years of service to Louisiana restaurants and suppliers.
“Many times, when a restaurant is successful, it’s the owner that gets all the credit and the accolades. In reality, however, it is employees like the ones we honor with this award, that make it all possible,” said Linda Ayers, owner of Ground Pat’i in Houma and LRA Bayou Chapter Vice President.